Below you can find out more about my work experience. If you are interested in my voluntary work please visit the voluntary work page.
06/2016 – Ongoing Charles University, Faculty of Science, Department of Ecology
Researcher / PhD Student
Research on the role of plant functional traits in organising plant-pollinator interactions
10/2015 – 11/2015 Naturalis Biodiversity Center
Instructor at the “Capture of Primary Biodiversity Data on West African Plants” training course held at the National Herbarium of Cameroon in Yaounde, Cameroon at the end of October 2015. Training Subjects: Database management and Botanical software; specifically BRAHMS.
09/2015 – 09/2015 Jane Goodall Institute Republic of Congo
Interim head of Mandrill field research
Field site management and researcher in the Conkouati-Douli National Park. Behavioural research on Mandrills whom have been released back into the wild.
05/2014 – 07/2015 Naturalis Biodiversity Center
Import and quality control of terrestrial and marine botanical collections being entered for the Naturalis Bioportal, with the main tasks being:
- Development of the import process
- Import of data in the main database
- Solving issues regarding the digitalized collections from the Wageningen herbarium
02/2014 – 03/2014 Esri Rwanda
Using Geographic Information Systems in a developmental context:
- Preparing and co-training a GIS course on mapping land related taxes and improving tax collection with GIS in cooperation with the GIZ.
- Updating the roadmap for the capital of Rwanda: Kigali.
03/2013 – 01/2014 Naturalis Biodiversity Center
Registration of botanical collections in the Naturalis BRAHMS Database and maintenance of the quality
- Data entry
- Training of new employees
- Quality control
04/2012 – 10/2012 Staatsbosbeheer
Intern division Development and Management
Roe Deer management intern:
- Research on management of Roe Deer worldwide
- Creation of a Roe Deer management guideline for three provinces in the Netherlands
05/2011 – 04/2012 Wageningen University
MSc researcher Terra Preta Programme
Researching the influence of “Amazonian Dark Earths” on a Bolivian old growth forest. Links for the thesis and associated publications can be found on my website.
06/2009 – 06/2010 Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania
Research on: Fuel wood usage of households in the working area of the TACARE project and sustainable solutions.